Thursday, August 3, 2017

Tucker Carlson

I have a confession... One of the few news/commentary shows I truly enjoy watching, is the Tucker Carlson Tonight show on Fox News. (I know, I know... "U watch Faux Noos! U r so stoopid!" I get it, ha ha.)

I really enjoy watching Tucker's show, because he unflinchingly breaks down the news of the day in a concise, easy to understand manner, he clearly looks into every possible angle of the story (No half-assed, or single sided reporting.) and he openly invites people with opposing views to fairly debate their side. You rarely see this in the majority of shows out there, on any network. I even like that far away, blank eyed stare he gets, while he's listening to his guests, just before he lets them have it with pure logic (and a healthy degree of scorn and ridicule).

However, one of my few criticisms of his show, is that sometimes, he doesn't really go far enough with certain guests.

Now, I'm sure that few people at Fox, or among his other viewers, would ever accuse Mr. Carlson of holding back. I know he has developed quite a reputation for putting people in their place, when they really deserve it. But, more than once, I've found myself screaming at my television, begging Tucker to call some ideologue to the curb over blatant lies, or sheer stupidity.

I just wish, every now and then, Tucker would look his guest in the eye, and tell them they are a blatant liar, or that their argument is just pure stupidity.

I know he doesn't want to take it quite that far, because the whiney, lying crybabies who normally come on his show to debate him, will stop coming. Once word got out that liars will be outed without mercy, he won't be able to book anymore Regressive spin doctors anymore.

Still, I believe that this level of truth and realism is exactly what people are hungry for now. I know I'm certainly starving for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment