Thursday, January 19, 2017

The New Women's Suffrage

I'm not trying to be insensitive, ignorant or sexist here (I really am not) but, the past few days, I've been wondering about something...

With the campaign of Hillary Clinton, and the election of Donald Trump, there has been a lot of talk about women's suffrage, and women's rights. As with all other Progressive agenda issues, it all sounds so noble and agreeable on the surface. (I mean, who honestly doesn't want women to have equal pay for equal work, and the same rights as anyone else?) Just don't dig any deeper, or the ugly truth might begin to show...

I was always raised by my mother to treat women with a certain reverence and respect. (I'm one of the only men I know, my age or younger, who still opens the car door for my wife, and serves her first at meals.) Some call this "Southern Hospitality", or being a gentleman, I call it common decency and respect. To me, there never has been a battle of the sexes.

However, with the rise of the Modern Progressive Movement, I began hearing about things like the "glass ceiling" and the "war on women". It was frequently pointed out to me that women seldom (if ever) hold high ranking positions of power, and tend to make anywhere from 20% to as much as 40% less than men (depending on which statistic you choose at the time). I've been told that their healthcare is higher, and there are actually laws on the books to regulate their own bodies.

As a rational, caring human being, all of this sounded horrible and wrong to me. (Seriously, who would want their mother, sister, daughter or wife to go through all of that?)

But, as I started looking some of these things up (the curse of a curious mind... research!), I began to find that most of what I was hearing is simply untrue and deliberately skewed, as is usually the case with Liberal ideals.

Women today are CEOs, doctors and lawyers in much greater numbers than ever before. In fact, there are far more female professionals now in America, than just about any other nation. Aside from the President and Vice-president positions, women have held every powerful office men have held (there are currently 104 women in Congress). And, studies have recently found the reason women are typically passed over for promotions more than their male counterparts, is that they tend to be less aggressive in pursuing these positions.

That last part also applies to the pay scale as well. Women tend to be less aggressive at asking for raises in salary, and so get overlooked in certain industries. Also, studies have found that men frequently go for the higher paying, more physically demanding and dangerous jobs more than women. Although, throughout my entire adult life, I don't believe I've ever worked for a company that paid women less than men for the same job. (Nor do I believe I personally know anyone else who has.) The glass ceiling may be real, but it seems to be far less worse than it's being made out to be.

On the healthcare front... it is true, at least in part, that women pay more for insurance. But, fair or not, this is because on average, they tend to use it far more often and longer. From the studies I've found, women go to the doctor at least six times more often than men, and they typically live an average of twenty years longer. Add this to the fact that they have regular tests such as mammograms and pap smears (along with prenatal and maternity costs for pregnancy), and you can start to see why the price would be higher for them.

Which brings us to the heart of the real reason behind the new feminist movement... the "laws regulating a woman's body". Folks, don't be fooled here. It all really boils down to this one phrase, and even that is an obvious codeword for "abortion".

I looked everywhere, and try as I might, I could only find three laws that would remotely count as "regulating a woman's body" as the Liberals call it... The first is the statute outlawing marriage and/or sex with minors. (I sincerely doubt even the Liberals are openly boycotting this one.) The next is the law against prostitution, which technically would be regulating both a man's and a woman's body since both sexes can sell or purchase sex illegally. And the final one is over the regulation an control of abortion. So, either the Progressives want to sleep with underaged girls, whore themselves out, or murder babies. And given their "pro-choice" demonstrations and rallies, I'm guessing it's the third option.

The fatal flaw in their logic is in the simple definitions...

Murder is defined as "the unlawful taking of a human life".

Fetus is defined as "the early stages of development in a mammal, particularly a human being two months after conception."

It would be easy to point out the word "unlawful" in the first definition. However, it didn't really become "lawful" until 1972 with "Roe vs. Wade". And required legally dehumanizing the offspring. Which is why most pro-choice Liberals today can't call it an unborn baby. That would put a human face on what they're doing, and expose just how monstrous and barbaric abortions really are. There's no emotional attachment to something called a fetus. But, when you refer to it as a baby, it actually becomes human in the hearts and minds of most people. That's why, when shown a sonogram, most women considering abortion back out of it... it humanized the child for them, and made them actually see what they were considering killing.

One more thing... Liberals talk about this issue as "a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body". First, what about the baby's right to choose to live? Secondly, all rights come from God, and the last I checked, murdering babies wasn't a God-given right. (In fact, it's kind of the opposite.)

So, what have we learned today? The new "Women's Suffrage" and feminist movements are misguided attempts at expanding abortion. And abortion is murder, despite what the Supreme Court may claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment